In this article you will learn about home remedies for varicose veins, we will explain a simple method to make a ointment with natural ingredients available at your home. Only three items are required to make this ointment olive oil, garlic and lemon. Varicose veins are bothersome aesthetically and because of the tired and aching legs. It is a fact that most women will have these at some point in their lives, of course men can also suffer from it, but varicose veins are more common in women.
Varicose veins are dilated veins that can appear on any part of the body, but they are more common in legs. Although they are seen mostly as an aesthetic issue, but they actually indicate something is wrong with the circulation.
Do you know what veins do?
After circulating blood through the body, the veins take it back to the heart then to the lungs where the exchange between carbon-dioxide and oxygen happens. When it does not happen correctly, it causes poor circulation, aches, swelling. A sensation of weight, itchiness and even embolism, an alternative and efficient way to treat Varicose veins naturally at home.
Signs and Symptoms of varicose veins
- Large veins that you can see on your skin.
- Mild swelling of your ankles and feet.
- Painful, achy, or “heavy” legs.
- Throbbing or cramping in your legs.
- Itchy legs, especially on the lower leg and ankle. This is sometimes incorrectly diagnosed as dry skin.
- Discolored skin in the area around the varicose vein.
Why do varicose veins usually appear in the legs?
The force of gravity, the pressure of body weight, and the task of carrying the blood from the bottom of the body to the heart make legs the primary location for varicose veins. Compared to other veins of the body, leg veins have the toughest job of carrying blood back to the heart. They endure the most pressure. This pressure can be stronger than the veins out way valves.
Natural Treatment for Varicose Veins | Home Remedies For Varicose Veins
Ingredients to make natural ointment for varicose veins
- 5 garlic cloves
- 3 ounces of olive oil
- 1 Lemon juice
- 1 glass jar for storage
- Crush the garlic cloves and put them in ajar now add olive oil and lemon juice and mix the mixture well and leave it for over night.
- Now strain the mixture and keep in a col and dry place
Use the oil on the affected areas, do circular motion massage gently for 5-10 minutes daily and wash it with cold water. Do this activity until you get relief
Garlic, Lemon and Olive Oil
- Garlic is efficient in treating varicose veins both outside and inside. This super food has a potent vasodilator and fluidifying effects on the blood, promoting blood circulation.
- Lemon also helps blood flow, thanks to its citric acid, it is also a powerful anti oxidant and helps eliminate spots on the skin.
- Olive oil is the base for the treatment, it gives more texture to apply easily, besides allowing us to macerate the garlic, so we don’t need to use the oil directly on our skin. Te oil deeply nourishes the skin keeping it flexible.
Do this treatment three times a week preferably at night, exposing the skin to sunlight after applying lemon or any citric fruit may cause brown spots on your skin.
Results will not be immediate but you need to follow the treatment continuously and follow a healthy diet.
We hope this article on Natural Treatment for Varicose Veins | Home Remedies For Varicose Veins has helped you.
More articles on home remedies can be found here