6 Immune Boosting Drinks Which Will Enhance Your Immunity Levels. Immunity, this word has gained utmost importance these days and the reason for this is the ongoing pandemic COVID-19 or Coronavirus with which the whole world is terrified. No stone is being left unturned for the treatment and control of this contagious disease. People who have stronger immunity are able to recover from COVID-19(SaRS-CoV-2) and now people are starting to work on their diet and started to improve their immunity by making changes in their lifestyle. In this article we will see 6 immune boosting drinks which will enhance your immunity levels.
6 Immune Boosting Drinks Which Will Enhance Your Immunity Levels
- TURMERIC MILK
We all know drinking milk is a very healthy habit but after adding a few ingredients to the milk will make it an amazing immunity booster. These ingredients are very cheap and almost available in every household.
How To Prepare Turmeric Milk
- Add 2 cups of milk : This is the main ingredient which is full of energy
- Add ¾ spoon of turmeric powder : Turmeric powder has been used for centuries for healing many ailments, just add a spoon of turmeric to the milk it will act as an antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory effects.
- Add ginger grated : Ginger can help you in many ways, it has properties which can enhance metabolism rate and reduce the effects of common flu and cold.
- Add cinnamon 1 stick : Cinnamon helps our body to fight infections and helps in repairing damaged tissues.
- Add coconut oil : Coconut oil has healthy fat, boosts energy and increases endurance.
- Add Pepper : Pepper has the power to absorb curcumin present in turmeric.
- GINGER CARDAMOM TEA
Tea is a wonderful refreshing drink and many of us are tea lovers, but if we make a few changes in the preparation of tea by adding a few ingredients then drinking tea will be an added advantage to our immunity.
How To Prepare Ginger Cardamom Tea
- Add one cup of water
- Boil it and add ginger and cardamom
- Add 2 cups of milk and sugar as required
- Filter the tea and sip it
- ALMOND MILK
Almonds are a rich source of magnesium and potassium, they also help us to lower the bad cholesterol in our body. They are packed with Vitamin E and help flow of oxygen and other nutrients in the blood more freely. Making Almond milk is very easy, we just need two ingredients which will make power immune boosting drink
- Take handful of almonds dry roast and grind them into a fine powder
- Take 2 cups of milk and let it boil
- Add almonds powder and two cardamoms
- Mix well and add sugar as required
- Almond milk is ready to serve
- SOUTH INDIAN RASAM
One of the immunity increasing foods we found is a dish from south India and it has got an amazing taste when had with rice. This is a simple recipe which is made with just a few ingredients which are immunity boosters and also very easy to prepare, it can be prepared in just 10-15 minutes and it tastes tasty and tangy.
How to make south Indian Rasam
- Grind one teaspoon of Cumin, Pepper,3 garlic slices, fresh coriander and grind them
- In a heating bowl add one teaspoon of oil
- Add mustard, curry leaves and asafoetida and mix them well
- Now add the grinded masala paste & saute for 1 minute
- Now add a diced tomato, green chilli, salt and chilli powder
- Now add tamarind extract and water as required & strill well
- Boil upto 10 minutes, flavours will be absorbed
- CARROT GINGER SOUP
Carrot and ginger will make a powerful combination for your immune system, carrots are filled with vitamin A, Vitamin k, potassium, fibre and many other benefits. Ginger as you know is very old ingredient used for treating cold and flu. Making a soup with carrot and ginger will give a boost to your immune system.
How to make carrot ginger soup
- Add olive oil in a pressure cooker, 2 finely chopped ginger and saute well
- Add a half sliced onion and cook it for 2-3 minutes
- Add chopped carrots and saute for 2 minutes then add 2 cups of water
- Pressure cook it for 3 whistles and remove the lid
- Now drain the water and grind the mixture into a paste
- Now take the paste and transfer it into a bowl
- Heat the paste and add water accordingly for consistency
- While boiling add mixed herbs. Pepper powder and salt
- Carrot ginger soup is ready to serve
- FINGER MILLET PORRIDGE (RAGI PORRIDGE)
Ragi is a rich source of calcium which is gluten free, helps in weight loss and manage diabetes, it is also packed with Vitamin D and amino acids. If you are looking for weight loss and immunity growth then this ragi porridge is the best option.
How to make ragi porridge
- Take ragi flour and water in a bowl and mix well with no lumps
- Heat a pan and take a bowl with water and heat it
- Add the ragi mixture into the water and stir continuously
- Now add jaggery/salt as per your liking
- Add a cup of milk and stril continuously till thick consistency
- For flavoring you can add a pinch of cardamom powder
We hope these drinks will make your day complete, you can rotate these drinks in a week and improve your immunity levels.